Providing instruction and training to relevant staff is a requirement outlined in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work, Regulations 2007, that must be adhered to in relation to manual handling.
The aim of our Manual Handling Training Course is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to lift and move loads in accordance with good manual handling techniques.
It is a half day course, delivered by a certified trainer, through a combination of classroom based tutorials and practical training.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Perform specific manual handling tasks competently to a recognized standard.
Complete essential risk assessment prior to completing manual handling tasks.
Identify ergonomic factors associated with their work activities.
Complete a series of exercises designed to improve strength, endurance and flexibility, the key components of physical fitness.
This course teaches safe and effective techniques used in the safe moving and handling of people in a variety of settings.
Who is this course for? This course is designed for healthcare personnel who require training in the safe movement and handling of patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007.
Certification: Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a certificate valid for 2 years.
- Current legislation and its application in a manual handling environment.
- Musculoskeletal system.
- Biomechanics and mechanism of injury.
- Ergonomics and risk assessment.
- Basic principles of lifting.
- Log roll.
- Sitting a patient up in bed.
- Turning a patient in bed using sliding sheets.
- Moving a patient up the bed using sliding sheets.
- Sitting a patient to edge of a bed.
- Standing patient.
- Transferring patient from bed to chair.
- The falling patient.
- Correct use of hoist / slings.
Method of Delivery: Small group, face to face delivery. This course involves practical training on the use of patient moving equipment.
Duration: 4 hours.
Assessment: Participants will be evaluated on their patient moving and handling techniques, competency must be demonstrated in all movements. Multiple choice questionnaire.
This fire safety course trains learners how to deal with fire in their workplace. It highlights the dangers of fire & the importance of fire prevention.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the three components necessary to create fire (i.e. Fire Triangle)
- Know what to do in the event of a fire
- Know their evacuation procedures
- Select the most appropriate fire extinguisher
- Causes of Fires
- Overview of Fire Safety Legislation
- Understanding the Fire Triangle
- What to do in the event of an outbreak of fire?
- Choosing the correct fire extinguisher
- Practical Experience of Using Extinguishers
This is an interactive course with all learners getting some practical experience using fire extinguishers. The course is divided into two parts, theoretical & practical components.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for all staff in any organisation wishing to learn how to safely use a fire extinguisher.
- Maximum of 12 learners
- 3 to 4 hour duration
- Certificate of Attendance will be issued to all learners who attend this course.
- Price on application. We can also offer group discounts.